Video Webinars and Audio Podcasts
The Intermec Webinars and Podcasts Library offers you convenient, flexible educational experiences. We've provided informative discussions grouped into Podcast Series that explore the ins and outs of critical supply-chain topics, such as data capture, bar codes, RFID, and much more.
Podcasts are typically available for download in several different file formats ranging from pure audio files to video files and streaming presentations. Audio files (traditional podcasts) can be downloaded to your computer and played in any media player, including Windows Media Player and Apple iTunes. These files can also be added to any MP3 player, such as a Zune or iPod. Vodcasts, which include video, can be downloaded to your computer and played in Apple QuickTime, or on a video iPod.
Streaming Webinar presentations can be viewed immediately in your web browser. All you need is the latest version of Adobe Flash.
Data Capture and Bar Code Podcast Series
(6 minutes | 3.2 MB) Download »
- The 2D Revolution – Take Your Data Capture in New Directions
- Companies are increasingly incorporating 2-dimensional symbologies into their operations – whether to take advantage of 2D's ability to capture more information in a smaller space or to comply with initiatives from their customers and suppliers in industries such as automotive, aerospace and pharmaceutical manufacturing. Find out what impact this revolution could have on your business.
(6 minutes | 3.0 MB) Download »
- Direct Part Marking – Get a Grasp on This Rapidly Growing Manufacturing Trend
- The ability to put a bar code directly onto parts being used in manufacturing is a rapidly growing, very specialized segment of the data capture market. Find about the technologies and methods that have made this practice increasingly practical – and increasingly valuable.
(10 minutes | 5.7 MB) Download »
- Long-Range Scanning – How and When to Use the Latest Long-Range Technologies
- Although most bar code scanning occurs within 18 inches of the label, some specialized applications require scanners to read labels up to 35 feet away. Find out about long range scanning and the latest technologies that are providing new benefits to companies that need it.
(9 minutes | 4.9 MB) Download »
- Data Capture Basics – Making Good Decisions When Implementing Data Capture Technologies
- While data capture technologies – like bar codes and scanners – have been actively used for decades, the industry has continued to evolve, adding new capabilities and tools. Making good decisions when implementing data capture technologies starts with understanding the basics.
(48 minutes | n/a - streaming only) Download »
- Caregiver Success with Bar Coding Depends on Educated Decisions
- A highly successful bar code solution efficiently collects and tracks patient information, reduces medical errors, improves staff productivity and reduces operational costs. Join Intermec and special guests from Mike Wisz and Associates, and RMS Omega for this live, interactive webinar as they provide expertise and real world examples designed to help you optimize bar coding within your organization.
(59 minutes | n/a - streaming only) Download »
- Solutions for Challenges Facing the Transportation Industry
- In these rapidly changing times, transportation companies, like other business enterprises, are facing unprecedented challenges. Unstable energy costs, looming regulations, increasing costs and reduced demand for services are just a few. Intermec Technologies and Velocitor Solutions discuss opportunities to address many of these challenge and how to increase visibility and control over your operations.
(29 minutes | n/a - streaming only) Download »
- Come and Meet with the Widest Range of Compact OEM 2D Imagers in the Market
- Intermec would like to introduce you to the new EA21 and EA20X high performance 2D Imagers completing its range, and present how these engines can help your business.
(59 minutes | n/a - streaming only) Download »
- Learn How to Assess the True Cost of Mobile Computing Ownership
- It's easy to calculate the purchase price of an IT investment. When the initial cost analysis is complete, companies often wonder why their IT operations, support and software maintenance costs keep rising. Download this on-demand webinar and learn how to assess TCO and properly evaluate the costs of an IT investment.
(56 minutes | n/a - streaming only) Download »
- How Smart Printing Powers Profitability
- Smart Printing technology puts the power of a personal computer into the printer, streamlining control of peripheral devices and enabling applications to be hosted directly on the printer. Thousands of Intermec customers have discovered the value of this combination, which often yields both cost savings and significant productivity gains. Hear their stories, and learn how to put Smart Printers to work for you.
(55 minutes | n/a - streaming only) Download »
- In-Transit Visibility Leveraging Imaging Technology
- Many transportation and trucking companies have improved their efficiency by using mobile computing to quickly and accurately identify items and capture data. Most mobile computing technology improvements have been incremental since companies started scanning bar codes on shipping labels and related materials. Learn how that has changed now that advanced imaging technology is available in mobile computers.
(63 minutes | n/a - streaming only) Download »
- Increase DSD Sales: Spice Up Efficiency and Sell More
- Today's Direct Store Delivery technology can spice up efficiency at every level of operations, which can give your personnel up to an hour of extra time each day to merchandise. Equipping your personnel with the right technology can accelerate each step of your operations from the road to the shelf. Whether you are in your third generation of mobile computing or you are interested in implementing technology solutions for the first time, this Webinar well help you dip into new profits, avoid a bland business model and keep up with the trends.
(43 minutes | n/a - streaming only) Download »
- Retailer and Supplier Perspectives on EPC/RFID in Direct Store Delivery
- Direct store delivery (DSD) operations have unique processes and business challenges that can get overlooked in discussions about EPC/RFID use in the retail and consumer goods industries. This Global Commerce Initiative (GCI) report examines the role and value of Electronic Product Code, or EPC-based, radio frequency identification (RFID) technology in the DSD supply chain.
(7 minutes | 20.4 MB) Download »
- Increasing Uptime Brings Rewards Beyond Profitability
- Quality information is a critical component that is missing from many asset management and maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) programs. Information that is incomplete, outdated or wrong hinders asset utilization, leads to equipment breakdowns, prevents the most efficient use of service resources and causes excessive and inefficient spending on equipment repair and replacement.
(7 minutes | 19.8 MB) Download »
- Eliminating Paperwork Is More Than Just Efficient
- Today’s maintenance and field service organizations are facing ever greater pressures to improve service levels while also decreasing costs. At the same time, they are facing ever greater pressure to green their operations and reduce wasted resources.